- Salary: £13.50 - Hour
- Job Type: Contract
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Salary Per: Hour
- Location: CV10 Nuneaton Warwickshire
- Date: 1 week ago
One of our local clients based in Nuneaton are currently recruiting for the role of Vehichle Mechanic.
* To ensure that servicing, maintenance and repairs of all types of HGV and LCV Motor Vehicles, Mechanical Handling Equipment, Plant and Ad Hoc equipment are Carried out in a safe, efficient and economical manner; and that the requisite skills and expertise are applied.
* This work is to carried out to the highest standards of workmanship, without close supervision, to achieve a high standard and level of work throughout.
* Examine, inspect and report thoroughly on the condition, roadworthiness or safety of any vehicle or equipment, including functional testing and the application of diagnostic techniques.
* Service, maintain or repair vehicles, equipment/plant or components utilizing the necessary tools, equipment and facilities in a safe and efficient manner within the standard job times defined by the Management and the equipment manufacturers.
* Interpret and implement technical service data and statutory maintenance standards to ensure that all work performed is in excess of the minimum standards required.
* Recovery of broken down or immobilized plant/vehicles and equipment, utilizing proper techniques to minimize the risk of additional damage without causing any danger to the public.
* Manufacture simple component parts, using hand tools or other machinery provided, to a high standard of accuracy and performance.
* Apply the Council’s Policies in respect of maintenance practice and standards to ensure these are fully implemented and that maximum benefit is obtained in terms of equipment availability and minimising total maintenance costs.
* Apply in a logical and progressive manner the appropriate diagnostic techniques to determine in the cause or causes of reported malfunctions in plant, vehicles or systems, including any recommendations for improvement or modifications designed to enhance safety or reliability.
* Supervise and instruct semi-skilled staff, apprentices, improvers and other juniors within the Workshop. Including, also, the requirement to attend any Training Courses on vehicles or equipment that may be deemed necessary (including M.O.T. Tester Course); over night stays may be required.
* Use safe working practices and procedures at all times and in particular to comply with the Council’s Health and Safety at Work Policy. Including the wearing of protective clothing and the maintenance of a tidy personal appearance.
* To undertake any other duties or responsibilities commensurate with the Mechanics experience and ability that may be reasonably required by the Workshop Chargehand or Management.
* Recognised apprenticeship or equivalent
* City & Guilds Craft Part I and II or equivalent.
For more information please contact Ryan Doherty