- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Location: London
- Date: 2 weeks ago
What is Syft?
Founded in 2015, Syft is an on-demand marketplace helping Job Seekers and Employers have 100% control and choice over shifts worked in real time. We want to enable Job Seekers to control their schedule, choose their work and enable them to work as many or as few shifts as they want. The platform enables Employers to book reliable, rated and verified staff immediately. At Syft, we’re harnessing innovative technology to revolutionise the flexible staffing sector.
Our mission is to help people get jobs by democratising work and giving jobseekers ownership, control, and choice. We are working hard to build a world where access to work and jobseekers are frictionless.
Our results speak for themselves, £8.75 million in VC funding between 2016 and 2018, ‘Recruitment Technology Innovation of the Year’ at the Recruiter Awards, ‘Hottest Platform Economy / Marketplace’ at the Europas and ranked 7th in the ‘Startups 100’ in 2018.
Syft has grown to over 200 employees across 8 offices around the UK and our new office in the US. In 2019 Syft was acquired by Indeed, the world’s #1 job site, allowing us to match our synergies and skyrocket our journey.
The Senior Privacy Analyst supports the efforts of the Privacy Department; working closely with all departments to support the development and maintenance of ongoing privacy-related efforts across the organisation. The individual in this position also helps to manage compliance reporting requirements, and participates in the development and maintenance of the auditing and monitoring process for Syft’s Privacy Department.
Responsibilities & Duties
You will be responsible for providing oversight and guidance on privacy related initiatives, subject matter expertise on privacy laws and regulations, proactive and effective communication with internal and external parties, collaborative resolution of business issues, and exceptional customer service for internal and external clients.
* Work with internal and external business partners to implement and monitor privacy compliance programs
* Understand the flow of information and how the information is utilized and use that knowledge to support the integrity of the Privacy compliance program
* Assist in regulatory reviews, data protection audits, and privacy reviews
* Communicate with teams affected by new laws and regulations and monitor to ensure that necessary changes to policies and procedures are made
* Serve as an internal expert resource for privacy compliance
* Respond to policy and procedural questions
* Identify and guide resolution for privacy compliance issues including effective communication of these issues to other business units.
* Prepare and respond to various audits, compliance questions, or stakeholder requests.
* Identify and resolve process inefficiencies affecting Privacy compliance efforts
* Complete other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Skills & Experience Required
* 3+ years demonstrated work experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
* Ideal candidates will possess a strong technical aptitude and be able to effectively communicate with technology professionals; data analysis and/or coding skills are a bonus.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Highly developed analytical, problem recognition and resolution, project management, and organisational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
* Proven experience managing multiple high priority projects and assignments simultaneously with minimal supervision
* Able to make consistent decisions and apply prior knowledge to new situations
* Passionate about digging into a problem and figuring it out
* Previous experience in a software development environment is highly desired but not essential.
You’ll fit right in at Syft if:
You’re Flexible– able to consider challenges from different perspectives.
You’re Entrepreneurial– see how a challenge could become an opportunity.
You take Accountability through thick and thin, inviting ideas for improvement.
You’re Data Driven– see the necessity of analysing metrics when devising solutions.
You’re Passionate about what you do and self motivated.
You can Adapt to your team’s challenges and Collaborate with other departments.
What you’ll get:
* Flexible work arrangements, remote and working from home.
* Employee Assistance programs, free eyecare vouchers, discounted gym memberships and more.
* Unique bonus structure for every employee.
* Social events and lunch and learns.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic