- Salary: £11.67 - 13.45 - Hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Salary Per: Hour
- Location: Birmingham West Midlands
- Date: 3 weeks ago
Housing Needs Officer - Temporary - up to £13.45 per hour - Birmingham
Your new company
You will be working as part of the largest homeless application centre in Birmingham, responsible for a caseload of applicants within the council and the housing options function.
Your new role
Your role as a Housing Needs Officer will be to provide a comprehensive Housing Options service within any area of the city. Undertaking a full range of duties which will resolve a customers housing needs within a multi-disciplinary problem solving Housing Options Team. These duties are as follows:
- Assess homelessness applications within Part VII of the Housing Act.
- Using a case management approach, determine what duty is owned and make homeless, prevention, relief and full duty decisions that are compliant with legislation, service policies, procedures and relevant case law.
- Complete Personal Housing Plans.
- Where homelessness cannot be prevented, arrange suitable temporary accommodation.
- Deliver expert advice and assistance on a broad range of complex housing problems i.e. advice and information regarding security of tenure, legal rights of occupation and eligibility for benefits.
What you'll need to succeed
To be a successful applicant in this position, you will need to have prior experience of undertaking the above duties which will include completing them within an efficient manner to provide an excellent service to all customers. You will also have prior experience of using the system Northgate in order to conduct your work
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive hourly rate along with a full time temporary contract for 3 months. This role will also provide you with great exposure to the largest council in Europe and many internal opportunities come available within the housing function.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.